a bit about... DJ PSAR!

Q. What's your favourite party/gig that you've played?
A. I think every party of the world has its own charm, I don't really have "one" favourite spot. One of my best memories was some festival that the radio station I work with throws every year "NRJ in the Park".

I had the chance to rock more than 50,000 with MP Family but also with my artist "Stromae", he's the next big name coming out of Belgium. It was an amazing experience to rock so many people at once. It was also broadcasted on air on our Belgian national TV Channel. Check for yourself here!

Africa was also one of my best experiences on stage. People out there show so much love and definitely know how to party! Video link here!

Q. What are your 3 favourite tracks right now?
A. Stromae "Alors on danse"
Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind"
Dizzee Rascal "Holiday"

Q. What was the first album you bought?
A. Onyx "All We Got Iz Us"

Q. What are some of your hobbies outside of djing?
A. Movies, traveling, I'm also very interested in marketing and new ways of communication.

Q. What is your favourite food to eat?
A. Sushi... Vancouver sushi of course ;0)

Q. What are you currently working on?
A. We're working on a couple of projects, new destinations, new challenges. Since Brussels is right in the middle of Europe, it's pretty easy for me to reach other markets: France, Holland, Germany and so on. I just dropped my new mixtape "The Journey", you can download it on www.djpsar.com.

On top of being a DJ I also promote and organize parties along with my team "MP Family" (which reunites 5 international DJ's from Belgium as well as some video editors, bookers, radio producers, beatmakers). We have 7 weekly nights running in Belgium so far.

I also have 3 weekly radio shows:
  • P.S.A. Radio, which is syndicated in a couple of countries and we'll start broadcasting live every week on ustream.
  • NRJ Mash Up I host with my brother DJ Septik & Julie on NRJ Radio, one of the main radio stations for young people in Belgium.
  • and "Slowbounce" with DJ Septik, which is a Reggae & Dancehall show syndicated in Canada, USA, West Indies and Belgium.
STROMAE is definitely the next big thing coming out. He's based out of Brussels and is one of the most talented young kids out here. He produces, writes, raps and sings. STROMAE is a very complete artist. We're working on a project called "Elecstro Mixture", which will give a taste of his upcoming album dropping early next year. His main hit "Alors on Danse" just became #1 on the official Belgian billboard. He's also #3 on iTunes Belgium. STROMAE is one of the only artists to make it that far without any record deal or videos in the history of the Belgian music industry.

You can download DJ PSAR's mixtapes and exclusive tracks and remixes at www.djpsar.com

Keep up with DJ PSAR here:

And be sure to check out DJ PSAR this Friday October 9th at Fortune Sound Club for Happy Ending Fridays with Marvel and Brendan Butter. For more info, click here!